Lead Business Consultant-2129
"*" indicates required fields
Lead Business Consultant
Job Number: #2129
LEAD BUSINESS CONSULTANT
Grasslands Recruitment Specialists is recruiting a full-time, office-based Lead Business Consultant. This position will be based in SW Ontario and will work for an unique established and growing consulting business providing a variety of services to farmers and agribusinesses. They work with their customers to access cost sharing programs to upgrade their operations. They provide training in many areas of business, including health and safety and nutrient management. They develop business plans with their clients and write grant applications.
In this role as Lead Business Consultant, you will be responsible to provide leadership in client consulting. You will be accountable to help clients implement business plans and grant applications, to conduct market research, for financial marketing, and for driving the success of projects to support client efficiencies and profitability. The Lead Business Consultant will collaborate with clients and provide advice regarding strategic financial decisions with a focus on efficiency and profitability. You will also provide leadership to the business itself, developing and improving upon business processes.
This role is an excellent fit for those who are entrepreneurial, have strong attention to detail, are excellent communicators and have a broad base of experience in primary agriculture and agribusiness- and who have a strong motivation to help customers improve their operations. If you would like to work with a growing, family-owned company in a fast-paced, stimulating environment, please read more!
This Business Consultant role earns a salary of $90,000-$100,000/year. If this sounds like the consulting role you have been looking and waiting for, apply today!
ABOUT GRASSLANDS RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS
We are a recruiting company that has been connecting Canadian agriculture since 1996. With well over 80 years of combined experience in the industry, we provide specialized recruiting services for our clients. Our focus is to find the best candidate for our client employers and the perfect opportunity for career seekers. As a search firm, we have dedicated our resources to being an integral part of the continued growth and diversity of the Canadian agricultural economy. Our team is strategically placed throughout the Canadian labor market- understanding the needs of national and international agribusiness employers. We take the time to understand individuals’ career aspirations, and then work to match them with our clients’ opportunities. We are not algorithms; we are people helping people!
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
The agricultural business consulting company we are partnered with is nationally recognized, has customers across Canada and has established itself as a centre of knowledge and expertise in a short time span. The founder has an entrepreneurial mindset and the ambition to see goals through.
Their business is designed to offer a variety of services all in one place so their customers- farmers and agribusinesses- can save time and money. Whether a customer is starting a project from scratch and needs help to navigate and access the grant programs to share cost, needs help with nutrient management on their farm, needs help to develop business plans, or needs to put health and safety training in place, this company can help. They know agriculture/agribusiness is busy work, and that is why they offer a variety of services so their clients can get all of their needs met in one place. They pride themselves on the wide selection of services they offer, and on their ability to build long-lasting relationships with their clients.
- Nutrient Management Plan consultation to optimize the use of nutrients on farmland
- A robust selection of Health and Safety courses, some of which are offered online
- Grant writing support for farmers to fund the projects of their dreams
- And more!
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE LEAD BUSINESS CONSULTANT
As a Lead Business Consultant, you will report to and work with the owner and will bolster the team’s capacity and ability to meet client expectations. Key areas of influence include:
- Financial- planning of client projects to estimate costs and budget planning for grant applications; collaboration with senior management regarding strategic financial decisions; monitoring of production activities to ensure targets are achieved.
- People, Policies & Practices- ensuring data systems and procedures are secure and optimized; reviewing projects to ensure diversification of workload; responding to client requests for information; generating project management progress reports for analysis.
- Interactions- educating clients on grant programs, responsibilities, and certifications; collaboration with clients to develop comprehensive business plans; acting as an account manager as needed; communicating with employees to foster a positive business culture.
- Problem Solving- maintaining current knowledge of program and grant rules, regulations, requirements and restrictions; providing effective program planning and project management; collaboration with management to evaluate success of projects.
- Information Resources- tracking employee and subcontractor hours; conducting invoicing; payroll and progress reporting; managing and tracking projects to ensure effective and efficient project management.
AM I A GOOD FIT FOR THIS UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY?
Ideal Lead Business Consultant candidates will offer:
- Undergraduate or post-graduate degree in agriculture or business with management emphasis, or equivalent relevant experience
- An established (10+ years) career history in agriculture or agribusiness, with experience in a consultative role strongly preferred
- Proficiency in software applications, with strong time management skills and the ability to set priorities and meet competing deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with a team to understand and implement a customer-oriented, consultative approach that improves customer profitability and achieves a high level of customer satisfaction
- Dedication to achieving business objectives, with a focus on continuous improvement through applying adaptability, innovation and agility
READY TO MOVE FORWARD?