Cecile Peterkin of Cosmic Coaching Centre created the following tips to assist in the advancement of your career:
- Exceed expectations; deliver results on or ahead of time.
- Manage your time effectively.
- Create a career plan with goals and training requirements.
- Move away from day-to-day operations.
- Develop strong rapport with colleagues, senior managers/executives.
- Get a mentor; accept guidance in your career.
- Know your organization’s goals, vision, values, and business strategies.
- Create opportunities to further own/business goals.
- Solicit feedback and assess the decision for purposes of continuous improvement.
- Communicate effectively to people at all levels of your organization.
- Build and maintain relationships with individuals who might impact your work (and career path).
- Plan, prioritize, and organize your work.
- Manage own emotions and reactions.
- Balance the demands of your personal and professional life.
- Give yourself quarterly reviews and identify your accomplishments.
- Become your own sales team and market your abilities.
- Dedicate yourself to lifelong learning.
- Be decisive and action-oriented.
- Commit to excellence and professionalism.
- Be self-disciplined.
If the above is normal for you, and you have experience within agribusiness/agri-food in Canada, we’d love to meet you! Contact us today!
Looking for additional tips? Check out Top 100 Career Blogs