• Using provided call-lists; actively seek out and initiate career development conversations (phone, video or face to face) with passive/active career-seekers.
• Identify additional sources of registrants through targeted search, referrals, lead generation or other resources.
• Decisively determine primary and secondary career transition motivation, KSA’s (knowledge, skills, and abilities) and CCS (community, corporate / cultural, skillset fit) to justify and record their placement probability; archiving those who no longer fit KSA’s and CCS’s within our AOR’s
• Ensure all communication and search criteria are documented for future reference.
Support and Administration:
• Accurately complete all administrative functions, records gathered data, on a real time basis, in PCR for ongoing legacy reference.
• Ensure all prospects, registrants, applicants and candidates have agreed and consented to required best practices, regulations and jurisdictional legislation.
• Coordinate and manage ongoing interdependent candidate development activities, by career coaching and providing additional resources; regularly updating registrants/candidate files.
• Regularly develops, updates and publishes career transition content for timely distribution.
• Schedule definite appointments for the SC (Search Consultant) and / or PL (Practice Leader).
• Completes allocated backgrounding and reference checks, etc.
• Assist the SC to ensure the highest probability of placement success with our clients.
• Become knowledgeable in the markets we serve and learn the ‘language’ spoken.
• As directed, participate in Account Engagement calls to complete Client Sourcing and Job Analysis Forms.
• Identifies potential search service leads, in market niches, and present to with Practice Leader and / or Business Manager for consideration.
• Begin to understand the full recruitment process/workflow.
• Agricultural background a definite asset.
• Ability to meet and exceed identified goals without constant supervision; self-directed and disciplined.
• Willingness to learn new things in a variety of training methods.
• Natural competitive nature to meet and exceed goals and expectations.
• Motivation to communicate with people on the phone on a regular basis in a warm and professional manner.
• Able to exhibit strength in oral and written communication; demonstrate diplomacy and customer service orientation.
• Desire for a purposeful work – career path in the recruitment field with defined stepping stones and training plan.
• Above average time management and organizational skills.
• Customer service orientation.
The company values and appreciates its employees by offering a comfortable base salary supported by variable income opportunities. A competitive health and dental benefits program through Canada Life is offered in single or family packages. Payroll is bi-weekly through direct deposit.
Regardless of your province of residence, you would gain a Saskatchewan base-vacation allotment of 3 weeks. Individuals working from their home office earn a monthly stipend to assist with costs for internet and cellular fees.
Company travel is done through third-party vehicle rentals to avoid wear and tear on your personal vehicle.
Company communication is supported by a Voice over IP system (VoIP). The database used for recruitment activities is PC Recruiter (PCR) which we have used exclusively since 2013.
As mentioned, the head office is in Swift Current, SK. As we seek national representation, most staff work out of a home office. As long as you have a reliable, high-speed internet connection with significant upload and download Mbps, your location is insignificant.
Grasslands Recruitment Specialists, a Canadian Executive Search Firm, provides placement services for employers and job applicants within the Canadian Agri-Business/Agri-Food industry.
On November 1, 2018, AgStep Agriculture Recruiting and Grasslands Group of Companies Inc. joined forces to further solidify their companies as the Canadian A&A (agri-business and agri-food) recruitment specialists. Full details regarding the independent histories of both organizations is available on our website.
Mike Bachner, President at AgStep Agriculture Recruiting, has more than 22 years’ experience in agri-food industry recruiting primarily within Eastern Canada.
He joined Blair Clark, President at Grasslands Group of Companies, in merging their two companies – combining their expertise into almost 50 years of service to the Canadian agricultural recruitment sector. Operating under the Grasslands Recruitment Specialists banner, this alliance of two veterans in the industry, along with our strong recruiting teams with an additional 25 years of A&A search experience, continues to provide successful talent-acquisition services for Canadian agricultural companies seeking to hire high-calibre individuals in senior management, general management, finance, operations, sales and marketing, and related science disciplines
Send Us Your Resume
Grasslands - New Application from Join Our Team
"*" indicates required fields