• Develop a thorough understanding of niche occupations, sectors and industry recruitment opportunities.
• Define the candidate talent target profile; complete through job analysis, traits profiling, CCS (community, corporate/cultural, and ‘skill set’ fit) assessment for each assigned positions.
• Develop call-list activities for Virtual Assistant and / or Project Coordinator or other ‘earned’ support staff to complete during a defined period of time.
• Successfully target search, engage and secure qualified individuals who are willing to be registered as applicants for current or future positions; developing a trusting relationship – becoming
• Become adept at regularly presenting pre-screened, prospective candidates with opportunities that meet their motivations and experience.
• Prepares text for job postings and reviews all additional candidate and client marketing material/ad content for accuracy.
• Maintain superior client and candidate account management; exceeding expectations through regular communication and responsive delivery; both prior to and after placement.
• Accurately record gathered data in operating systems for ongoing legacy reference.
• Analyzes all data gathered to assess appropriate ‘career fit’ and potential candidacy; co-present, with Practice Leader, the pre-qualified, most placeable candidates to prospective and engaged clients; differentiating our services to build real, long term value.
• Ensures completion of thorough backgrounding of short-listed candidates.
• Facilitate discussion(s) with client to discuss the relative merits of each candidate and assist with final negotiations and job-fit discussions as necessary.
• Prepare and debrief candidates and clients following interviews.
• Identifies new search opportunities along with Practice Leader and/or Business Manager.
• 3+ years of previous recruiting experience in a 180-desk environment. May consider those with 3+ years transferable training and experience, complemented by post-secondary education
• Confident understanding of company internal hiring processes
• Designation as a Certified Personnel Consultant (CPC) or willing to work toward it would be a definite asset.
• Confident use of a CRM system
Preferred Qualifications/Skills/Attributes for Success
• Ability to meet and exceed identified goals without constant supervision; self-directed and disciplined.
• Above-average time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively and confidently present information to individuals at senior career levels.
• Enthusiastic communication style; able to exhibit strength in oral and written communication; diplomacy and customer service orientation.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; dealing with abstract and concrete variables.
• Desire for purposeful work in a growing industry.
The company values and appreciates its employees by offering a comfortable base salary supported by variable income opportunities. A competitive health and dental benefits program through Canada Life is offered in single or family packages. Payroll is bi-weekly through direct deposit.
Regardless of your province of residence, you would gain a Saskatchewan base-vacation allotment of 3 weeks. Individuals working from their home office earn a monthly stipend to assist with costs for internet and cellular fees.
Company travel is done through third-party vehicle rentals to avoid wear and tear on your personal vehicle.
Company communication is supported by a Voice over IP system (VoIP). The database used for recruitment activities is PC Recruiter (PCR) which we have used exclusively since 2013.
Our Head Office is located in Saskatchewan. As we seek national representation, most staff work out of a home office. As long as you have a reliable, high-speed internet connection with significant upload and download Mbps, your location is insignificant.
At Grasslands Recruitment Specialists, we have been progressively connecting Canadian agriculture since 1996. Our focus- through a process of discovery- is to find the best candidate for our client employers and the perfect opportunity for career seekers.
Our team is strategically placed within and throughout the Canadian labor market- understanding the differences and similarities between each agribusiness and agrifood sector, and of the numerous geographical regions of the country. We provide national coverage with local expertise.
As member owners of NPA Worldwide, we maintain business partnerships with independently owned specialized search firms to expand our reach globally. We understand the needs of national and international agribusiness employers.
As a search firm, we have dedicated our resources to being an integral part of the continued growth and diversity of the Canadian agricultural economy, and to improving people’s lives.
With over 85 years of combined specialized agribusiness search experience, we make connections happen.
Send Us Your Resume
Grasslands - New Application from Join Our Team
"*" indicates required fields